PDA

View Full Version : I never like the term"Lurker"

Archive
09-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>...infers to me that someone is creeping<BR>about, when actually some of the REGULAR<BR>posters are creeping me out. <BR><BR>As a busy family man, I simply have no <BR>time to contribute on a regular basis. <BR>I enjoy some anonymity with the board<BR>name I use, it is my experience from<BR>Full Count that certain continuing board<BR>members CONTINUE to turn on others like<BR>a pack of jackals. I find the practise<BR>of running off ANY collector simply because<BR>of a difference in opinion (and not foul <BR>language issues)UNACCEPTABLE, vicious, and<BR>repugnant.<BR><BR>My point in firing off some rounds with my<BR>gatling gun on the "other board" was to point<BR>out these issues. It was certainly a lost point,<BR>any attempt at free speech was muzzled with the<BR>crudest innuendo. Over the years this has been<BR>a continuing theme with many wonderful acquaintances<BR>of mine driven off because others here were too<BR>sanctimonious, grossly inconsiderate, and selfish. <BR><BR>I am ASHAMED at the long term board members for<BR>sitting in silence while others here have suffered<BR>and quite enjoyed slinging mud at those responsible.<BR>Thanks Runscott for the "other board".<BR><BR>

Archive
09-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Yikes, as a long term and frequest poster, I'm sorry you find my input so offensive. I'll quit posting, and if you have any questions about authenticity or forgies, I recommend find someone else for advice.

Archive
09-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>I would apologize in advance for what offended you?,<BR>as I value your contributions, I would hope in the<BR>future to learn more of your work, I am somewhat<BR>familiar of your expertise.<BR> <BR><BR>

Archive
09-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>As David didnt seem to know what<BR>I was talking about and to avoid<BR>furhter misunderstanding, I was <BR>referring specifically to <BR>'regulars' Koos-Daniels<BR>and a certain Mr. Mathewson<BR>who did not agree with their <BR>viewpoints and was 'run out'.

Archive
09-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p>&lt;&lt; I am ASHAMED at the long term board members for<BR>sitting in silence while others here have suffered &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Some long term board members don't care to fire the "gatling" gun, nor do they care to contribute a few rounds so that it may be fired by someone else. They merely want to discuss the hobby that they love so much. <BR><BR>To those people, they have my utmost respect.

Archive
09-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>and a point well taken. I could sit silent.<BR>But I am questioning the value of 'running<BR>out' collectors like Mr. Mathewson.<BR>

Archive
09-02-2002, 08:52 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>I like him a lot. talked to him a couple fo times and will probably sell him some altered cards of matty* However, comeon! Nobody ran him off the board. He chose to leave. No one can make anyone do anything from behind a screen and you know this now! he can choose not to fight with anyone.