PDA

View Full Version : T206 Book update

Archive
08-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>Anyone have any information on a publish date? It has been a while since our last update on this. Or was this book all a figment of our collective imagination? <BR><BR>Brian

Archive
08-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Ed McCollum</b><p>and it sounds like a waiting game. Seems the book is done, just hasn't had ink hit paper yet. Perhaps a query to Doug Allen would be of help.

Archive
08-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Posted By: <b>JamesW</b><p>I am working on a checklist of T206's with the different front and back combinations.<BR><BR>Basically using both the Monster and Mystery books as a guideline for series information and eBay for actual backs.<BR><BR>If anyone would like to help out by emailing a list of the T206's you have along with the various backs (include factory information as needed i.e. Sweet Caporal 350/460 backs and others) it would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>All this information is being put into a database so that the information can be easily retrieved. If someone wants to know what cards were issued with Carolina Brights backs it's easy to get the list. Or if someone wants to get a list all front and back combinations for Hal Chase, it's easy to get. Or if someone wants a list of all front and backs for any team it's easy to get. I think you get the picture by now.<BR><BR>Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>James Walker<BR>

Archive
08-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>Admittedly I have become the boy that cried wolf. The previous report is accurate...been done for months...picked a printer just need to get it laid out.<BR><BR>No promises on dates. There is a brief window now that August is done before our November auction so I'll have to see what can be done.<BR><BR>By the way the book will contain an appendix that includes every know back combination.<BR><BR>I did provide an article for Vintage Beckett on T206 backs...much of it redundant information from the VCBC article; but some additional information on values.<BR><BR>Take care and sorry.

Archive
08-31-2002, 11:51 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Doug, did you notice that the T206museum is out? Whether temporary or permanent I don't know.<BR><BR>Are you going to get a Dough Allen hologram for all the autographed copy requests? At the least send a few signature examples for James Spence's records.<BR><BR>As you haven't mentioned the book in a while, you haven't been crying wolf. The only time to seriously worry would be if people didn't pester you about it.<BR>

Archive
08-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Posted By: <b>JamesW</b><p>Hey David, looks like it is still up. Typed the URL and got this message:<BR><BR>"This website www.t206museum.com is currently unavailable due to exceeded monthly traffic quota. Please visit again later."<BR><BR>James Walker, Jr.

Archive
08-31-2002, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>That you did for Beckett Vintage Magazine. I had lunch with Wayne and Rich yesterday and they gave me a hoard of their mags and the big price guide book......very nice T206 article you did for them.....although, I am sure not as comprehensive as the book that is coming.......take care......and best regards

Archive
08-31-2002, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Hi Leon<BR> Which volume of Vintage Beckett is Doug's article in?<BR>Can you buy a copy at the newstand or do you have to subscribe? thanks brian

Archive
08-31-2002, 01:37 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Theoretically Beckett Vintage is at the newsstands, but I've never seen one in my area. I think Beckett sells their back issues individually.

Archive
08-31-2002, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Thanks David<BR> I'll check the website. I've been looking forward to the new book since Doug metioned it might be out at the national. A signed copy would be a great Christmas present. be well brian