PDA

View Full Version : Well I have not been here long enough to make much

Archive
08-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>LargeCharles</b><p>of a difference and I'm very new to collecting and would like to learn as much as possible about vintage cards. I thank you all for providing me with web sites and links to help me. I am leaving this board and probably will lurk now and then but, I can't continue to come here and begin reading a post and then find all or parts missing and then wondering if I missed anything of value. I understand that there is a need for moderating and even some deleting of offensive post but, I'm just not gonna continue to sort through post and try to figure out what was there.Again, I thank you all for you welcoming me here and wish for you all the best.<BR> Peace,<BR> One Freaked out Newbie

Archive
08-30-2002, 05:52 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Hi Charles, your best bet is to buy (at least) 2 books,........... the "2003 SCD Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards" by Bob Lemke ($28 at Amazon.com), and "The Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards" by Lew Lipset (found on eBay alot for $30). These 2 books will greatly help anyone wanting info on PreWar/19th Century cards, from the newbee to the most advanced collectors. Good luck, and happy collecting. Frank

Archive
08-31-2002, 12:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Frank's response is one of the reasons I will continue to read the board. What a wonderful response to someone leaving the board, there is still people out there willing to help.<BR><BR>This board has such a great wealth of knowledge and wonderful people that participate and moderate the board. I fully support anything that Elliott decides.<BR><BR>Lee