PDA

View Full Version : Libertyforall....Teaches me somethign!?!

Archive
08-29-2002, 06:52 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>It's true - I actually LEARNED something from these guys. I was browsing through ebay (now that I'm on V.C. expect rapid attacks on BINS's again), and noticed a 1915 Spalding Babe Ruth, showing him playing for Baltimore of the International League. As I possess most of these early guides, I thought, "these bozos blew it - Ruth played for Providence in '15, and the real photo is actually in the 1915 guide. This is a job for RSR!"<BR><BR>The truth is, there are TWO team photos of Ruth in the 1915 guide: full-pager with Providence on page 196, and a half-pager with Baltimore on page 198.<BR><BR>That must make this normally $100 guide worth, er...$10,000? Anyone want one?<BR><BR>Because of the Ruth thing, and also because I have a plethora of time on my hands (v.c. at home due to broke-ness), RSR will be back in action shortly. No, my affiliates at RSR do not use a black light, or even a 10x magnifier. At RSR, we (I mean 'they') feel that the buyer should look out for itself (yes, I said 'it'). Once it's in the plastic, it might as well be considered real in our opinion. <BR><BR>I'm also thinking of writing a guide for determining the value of AAA and NASA-graded paper.<BR><BR>Has anyone ever tried to take vacation out of a 1-br apartment? ...lot's of golf, trips to Waffle House, watching for new caterpillar activity on the leaves. <br><br>--------------------------------------------<BR>