PDA

View Full Version : group newbie, just thought I would introduce myself

Archive
08-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Ronald Haynes</b><p>Hi, just thought I would introduce myself to the group. My name is Ronald Haynes and I am a PhD student<BR>in British Columbia, Canada. I have been reading<BR>the posts in this group for a while now and have been<BR>informed and even entertained on occasion. I have been a collector for almost 20 years and concentrate primarily on O-Pee-Chee hockey issues (I know off topic !) both pre and post war. Although<BR>the focus of this discussion group is pre-war baseball, as a diligent student of the hobby, I do<BR>appreciate the informative threads.<BR><BR>Cheers and best wishes,<BR>Ronald

Archive
08-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Hockey fans are welcome. Otherwise we would have to bannish Elliot.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Have you ever curled?

Archive
08-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>Welcome, Ronald to entertainment central. I jumped out from the weeds to say hello and will dive back in with the other lurkers shortly. You would be surprised at how many members here dabble in other sports and non-sports cardboard collecting. I still have my '69 - '71 Topps hockey cards (complete set of '70T I sold already; stupid move) from childhood; I also really like the C55 Imperial hockey from the 1911-1912 era. I became interested in the C55 while continuing my set building of the C46 Imperial baseball of 1912.<BR><BR>Well, that's enough from me; gotta hit the weeds before Dr. Koos pulls out the shotgun (hoo, hoo, hoo!).<BR>All in good fun.<BR><BR>Ben.<BR>

Archive
08-26-2002, 10:22 PM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>A fellow Canuck! I'm from BC as well. I'm<BR>primarily a rare back tobacco card collector,<BR>but I took in a hockey scrapbook on consignment<BR>last year. Lots of O-pee-chee hockey cards from<BR>'36-38. Series 'D' and 'E' including Toe Blake <BR>and Broda. I sold them to an advanced collector<BR>in Ontario, he was working on 1923 Pattersons and<BR>other pre-war issues as I recall.<BR><BR>As my 'board name' suggests, I especially like Ty<BR>Cobb memorabilia. I am currently working on T206<BR>rare backs, also the T215 Red Cross issue.

Archive
08-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Man, if I had thought the lurkers were from BC, I wouldn't have joined this board in the first place.<BR><BR>Actually, I live in Washinton State and all the old people here take the bus up to BC every other week to get their cheap meds. So we're practically cousins!

Archive
08-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Ronald Haynes</b><p>Hi, only curled once in high school, never could<BR>get the hang of sweeping, just ask my wife.<BR><BR>R Haynes