PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here owned (or even seen)....

Archive
08-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike Williams&nbsp; </b><p>a E254 Colgans Shoeless Joe?

Archive
08-26-2002, 08:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott M</b><p>I haven't had the pleasure of owning or seeing one. I've had a couple of Cobb's and Wagner's but not Jackson. But I also don't collect the set so its not like I was ever looking for it.

Archive
08-26-2002, 08:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Andy Baran</b><p>I've never seen that one or the Tin Tops Jim Thorpe.

Archive
08-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>jay berhens</b><p>I can't say I've seen either one, but I seem to remember the Thorpe being offered in an auction back in the mid 80s. But I may be mistaken about that.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-26-2002, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p> Why are cards like the Colgan's Chip Joe Jackson so tough to find? Colgan's Chips aren't very rare, and I've never heard anyone say that the Jackson is particularly scarce within the set. There are a lot of other cards like this that you just never see -- most Hall of Famers from the Zeenut set, for example, and the M116 Joe Wood. I know these cards are very popular, and most of their owners don't want to part with them. But you would think you would see them for sale once in awhile, or at least on display, or posted on this board.<BR><BR> Any ideas? Is it just that the lucky owners of these cards are secretly hiding them away, or is there something more?

Archive
08-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Fritsch wrote an article in an early VCBC (called "Colgans, Coklgans, Colgans), in which he printed a sizable list of E-254s (regular Colgan's) that, as far as he was concerned , didn't exist. There IS a E=270 ("Tin Top") Joe Jackson,--I think 3 are known to exist.<BR><BR>But no E-254 ("Stars of the Diamond")And I think also no Red Border--that I'd have to look up.

Archive
08-26-2002, 08:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Williams</b><p>I thought an E254 Jackson was sold in the Copeland Auction way back when.