PDA

View Full Version : I've Decided What I Want

Archive
08-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Chuck Montoya</b><p>Well After looking and watching and reading Ive decided to start collecting 1942 Playballs. I know that most of you collect much earlier cards but,after looking at these I just kind of fell in love!I'm so Psyched!! As anyone who has read my earlier post knows, I have just recently begun collecting cards and right now I have a little bit of everything. But not until tonight did I find something that I just want to sell my children for!(Of course I'm kidding)unless the money is really good LOL. If anybody has info on these cards or knows of somebody who deals in them, I will be very thankful for your help. I am on a limited budget and will be interested in nongraded cards for now and am actually willing to accept most any condition to start(theres always time to upgrade later)Does anybody know if 41 is the first year that Playball used color? Wow I can't believe that I have found a direction to head in!I have been coming here for a little while now and want to thank everybody for what little knowledge I have attained.<BR><BR> LC

Archive
08-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Posted By: <b>john(z28jd)</b><p>yes 41's were the first year they made color cards and only year the gum,inc produced color baseball cards,and many of the cards in the 41 set are just colorized versions of the players 1940 playball cards

Archive
08-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Chuck Montoya</b><p>I am collecting the 41s I don't know why I put 42

Archive
08-21-2002, 08:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>enthusiasms, or the enthusiasms of those who don't yet have a clue! What a disappointment to find out you really love '41 Playballs; I think the photography-drawing is weak, and the color really boring. Reese's rookie is the only one I have.<BR><BR>I realize I'm in a vast minority here...

Archive
08-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Posted By: <b>B. Hodes</b><p>I used to have a set of these in wretched condition... I rather liked the colors. I also thought all of the nicknames were nice and enjoyed the fact that the set had 3 DiMaggio brothers....<BR>The Joe DiMaggio card is my personal favorite card of him and its from his most famous season too!<BR>I think that the Reese card Julie mentions is his Rookie as well.<BR>By the way: there is a faux 1942 set that was printed by TCMA or one of the ose other companies in the 1980's.