PDA

View Full Version : need help

Archive
08-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>I order for me to do this player list I need some compiling a list of major league players from various minor league sets. I thought I had a list of players from the Obak set, but I cannot find it, so I need this list more than anything else since I do have a list of all the players from the T210 Old Mill set that made the majors. <BR><BR>I got really scared when I got a list of players in the Mono set that played in the majors and couldn't find another card for Gene Knapp until I learned his real name is Gene Krapp and has a card in the Obak set.<BR><BR>Here are the sets I need lists for:<BR><BR>t211 Red Sun<BR>t212 Obak<BR>Zeenuts<BR>e99<BR>e100<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I was going to say, contact Mark Macrae, but Zeenuts came out almost the whole century. hey, why not just look in ther 2002 Guide? All the Red Suns and Zeenuts are there, anyway. Obaks, too.

Archive
08-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Julie, I love ya, but I don't need a checklist of the whole set. that's eay enough to find. I need a list of players that appeared in the majors.<BR><BR>Mark has already given me a hand on the Obaks and forgot to ask about teh Zeenuts.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Obermeyer</b><p>Issues 36, 38-40 of The Old Judge contained Don McPherson's list of Zeenuts players who played in the majors. Don lists 836 players, and the list should be fairly close to complete. If you need photocopies, let me know via email. <BR><BR>I wrote an article for VCBC a while back which lists all of the players from the Obak set who appeared in the majors... if you need a copy of that I can forward it to you as well.<BR><BR>Jeff

Archive
08-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Posted By: <b>sonny</b><p><a href="http://www.vintagecardboard.com/ref_obkmajors.html" target=_new>http://www.vintagecardboard.com/ref_obkmajors.html</a><BR>Not sure who compiled this list but it is a nice reference.<BR>Take care

Archive
08-20-2002, 10:38 PM
Posted By: <b>sonny</b><p>I noticed Jeff Obermeyer's name after the previous post. Sorry Jeff....nice list!

Archive
08-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>just realized I also need a list of which minor leaguers from the T206 set made it to the majors<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-22-2002, 12:54 AM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>The Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards by Lew Lipset has a listing of players in both the E99 and E100 sets who played in the majors. I imagine that the majority of these players can be found much cheaper in the Obak and Zeenut issues.<BR><BR>Brian