PDA

View Full Version : SGC adn overprints

Archive
08-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>This topic got lost in a thread somewhere adn wanted to revive it.<BR><BR>My main consern about SGC downgrading for overprints/stamps on teh backs of cards comes from view an outstanding set of Kickapoo Indians that was graded by SGC. The backs of these cards are designed so that a store can put it's stamp on the back without obscuring any of the other print on the back.<BR><BR>The owner of the set sent me enlarged scans of the cards and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why SGC gave each of these cards a 40.<BR><BR>Scott will tell you taht the 70 my e93 Collins got is probably one of the most over graded vintage cards to reside in a SGC holder, but is still easily a 50 or 60. Using this as a benchmark, the Kickapoo cards should have been at least 70s and more likely 80s. The cards look almost identical to each other. No crases, no wrinkles, writing, no stray ink marks. Just the lightest touches on the corners and store stamps on the back.<BR><BR>This is where Grade-Tech's CD rom would be nice. Every grading service should provide the reason(s) that a card was given the grade it received. They will gladly tell you why they won't grade it, so why not tell you why it was graded?<BR><BR>Jay<BR><BR>