PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Cobb?

Archive
08-12-2002, 07:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Spiwack&nbsp; </b><p>I almost hate to post since it appears its going to be an "All Koos All The Time" day today, (i mean he even bumped old threads up for attention).<BR><BR>Anyways, any thoughts on this Cobb? <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850539412" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850539412</a><BR><BR>The borders just don't seem right to me.

Archive
08-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Dr.Koos</b><p>...Duck Dodgers of the 25th and a half century! It's not graded and MUST be altered. Hey! How my doing? NOW do I have the right attitude?

Archive
08-12-2002, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Moreland</b><p>I would trust raw ahead of PRO, if I were buying a raw card from issue that I understood, in a grade that made sense, from a seller who seemed to be alright. This is better than buying a high-grade PRO card from someone who sells both PRO and PSA.<BR><BR>bruce<BR>

Archive
08-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>For Friggin Once!<BR><BR>It was cropped too close to the edge on one side which you can plainly see from the enlarged image of the reverse*<BR><BR>and the contrast is turned up way to hide as to reduce the darkness of the staining......that's it!<BR><BR>It would be kinda fun to but iy.....wash it with clorax and laminate the back with a DRUM back and then submit it to PRO*** via David,the voice of America Rudd*<BR><BR>that is it on this baby!

Archive
08-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Dr.Koos</b><p>..do you see that the borders "just don't look right to you"? I mean that as an honest question as your post is sensible (a rarity on the Anti-Pro, Anti-Koos Vigilante Board).

Archive
08-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Posted By: <b>BcDaniels</b><p>Where are my T-206's???<BR><BR> I have not received them three weeks later.

Archive
08-13-2002, 06:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Spiwack</b><p>Some of us don't have the money to even LOOK at an SGC or PSA Ty Cobb card in this condition. I don't have 22K to throw at cards in their nice plastic holders. However, I posted the question because I am not an EXPERT and many other people on this board have been collecting for much longer and can easily spot a fake. And thats what i use this board for, at least up until the past couple weeks when it has just become a sniping session.<BR><BR>

Archive
08-13-2002, 06:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Spiwack</b><p>Are you asking me? I don't think i owe you any T-206's... The only auctions i ran in the past year ended last week, and don't see your name among them.

Archive
08-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>but I am always careful with 0 feedback sellers....and I am not an expert on the T206's (or anything for that matter).. the staining and borders do look alright from the scan......good luck and best regards

Archive
08-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>No not you! Richard*****