PDA

View Full Version : Good Card Shops?

Archive
08-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>I have a business trip to Phoenix. Does anyone know of any good card shops there?<br><br>Since there can't be too many, how 'bout starting a list of all vintage stores?

Archive
08-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>Sorry Glen, don't have info on Phoenix; but it did get me thinking about if there are any (vintage) good shops in the Chicago area?(besides the National, guys; I'm going to be out of town). I guess I may have answered my own question though, the Rosemont has good shows every 5-6 months.<BR><BR>Ben.<BR>

Archive
08-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>The ony place left to find anything in pre-1950s vintage in Chicago is AU Sports in Morton Grove and even they don't have a HUGE selection.<BR><BR>The one store in the south suburbs near never had any pre-1950s cards until the Topps T206 buybacks came out. I know, that's sad, but what are you gonna do.

Archive
08-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>Morton Grove isn't too far to go when the occassional fix between Sun-times shows is necessary. Re: my previous post on Rosemont shows and "good" used in the same sentence; I had second thoughts about that, but I figure "the larger the show, the better chance I have seeing vintage material of interest to me"; there sure is a helluva lot of other stuff. BTW am I missing anything good (T,E, 19th cent.) in any of the "smaller" shows in the area? I used to drive around and check them out, but got tired of seeing 95% new crap, so restricted myself to the two Rosemont's and Sportsfest.

Archive
08-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I still go to some of the smaller ones looking for vintage cards and I do this because I am glutton for punishment. I rarely find anything. Here and there a "new" T206 will appear. Rarely do you find much.<BR><BR>I would stick to the Sun-Times and larger shows. Even those are a disapointment sometimes.

Archive
08-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>used to serve the most divine Key Lime pie...

Archive
08-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Posted By: <b>john(z28jd)</b><p>does anyone else get mad when they see a whole bunch of updates in alot of threads but they end up being useless comments? maybe its just me,but theres been 10 threads replied on since i last looked and one useful comment.....maybe some people just like having their name in every thread