PDA

View Full Version : Yet another victim

Archive
08-03-2002, 09:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Moreland</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1847871630" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1847871630</a><BR><BR>This is the first I've ever heard that anyone sent something <i>back</i> to PRO for their "analysis".<BR><BR>That they just declared that it was trimmed and returned it shows a lot of chutzpah.<BR><BR>A dealer that won't take returns on graded material, and a grader that won't stand behind their grading, are a very malodorous combination.<BR><BR>bruce<BR>

Archive
08-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>PRO actually admitted that the card was trimmed. Does this mean that they do have a trace of integrity, but just employee poor graders? I upgrade PRO from 0/10 to 2/10. <BR><BR>Now I will go put on my red cape and jump off a wood-shed. Last time I was on the wood-shed I noticed an odd-looking fellow out in the field, wearing a dental hygienist assistant's frock coat and meticulously removing mushrooms from cow dung. <br><br>--------------------------------------------<BR> no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions

Archive
08-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Brueso</b><p>from the auction description <BR><BR>"from the meticulous graders at PRO"<BR><BR>HA! I love it.

Archive
08-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Dr.Koos</b><p>...gathering her secret ingredients in order to prepare your favorite mid-morning fare. Meerschaums, huh? Even think about why you derive so much pleasure from having a big, fat, pipe of THAT specific shape, shoved in your mouth?

Archive
08-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>It is fully devoid of concerns for body fluids! <BR><BR>come back!

Archive
08-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...you seemed almost inspired. <br><br>--------------------------------------------<BR> no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions

Archive
08-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>The guy accurately recited the history of the card and made it clear that he believes it was trimmed. The reference to PRO'S skills is obviously sarcastic. <BR><BR>FYI, I did exactly the same thing when I sold a PRO piece of $#!7 N28 that I got. No returns on a sale like that is totally appropriate since the buyer has been told up front that the card has a sleazy history and a trimmed determination.

Archive
08-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Moreland</b><p>I think it's fine from a buyer/seller standpoint, too. I thought the story was interesting.<BR><BR>I have absolutely no complaint about this seller.<BR><BR>I have to wonder if this kind of thing goes around in circles though. Someone could see this auction and know for sure that they can get a PRO-8.0 out of this, buy it, send it in, and then dump it on yet another poor fool.<BR><BR>bruce<BR>

Archive
08-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>In this case he apparently got burned by a PRO card and decided not to push his misfortune off on some putz to re-coup his loss.

Archive
08-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>"maladorous" - nicely played, Bruce. I'm in agreement, thorough and proper listing considering the circumstances; nice jab at PRO (wish we knew then what we know now); and no, Tim we don't think you were the first "poor fool".<BR><BR>Speaking of circles, isn't there always going to be a next poor fool? Whether it's a good card we're talking about or a not-so-good card, isn't this hobby a continuous circle of auctions/private transactions?<BR>At some point, doesn't everyone here look at one or more of their cards with "wiser" eyes and think "maybe it's time to get rid of it"? Be thorough/proper in description and terms, and off with you trimmed card!<BR>Hell, if it's not PRO it'll be NASA or you name it; this circle will continue as long as there are low integrity grade services and get-rich quick schemes (while staying within eBay rules, of course).<BR><BR>I can feel the pot-a-stirring.<BR><BR>Ben.<BR>