PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pre 1976(?) card show in NY

Archive
07-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Thomas</b><p>Hello,<BR><BR> Delurking for a moment to ask about a card show in NY. I seem to recall in the show calendar of SCD that there is a card show either coming soon or may have just passed somewhere in NY that deals with primarily vintage cards. Does anyone have a clue as to what show I am talking about? If so, does anyone have any comments about this show? Is it worth going to, what kind of dealers go there, is it a monthly or yearly type show...so on and so fourth.<BR> While I am at it, does anyone know of any card shows in the NYC/central NJ area that are good for vintage collectors? Most(more like all) of the shows I go to here in Jersey are like 99.5% 80's/90's/00's cards and then maybe a token dealer or two with pre 1960 stuff.<BR><BR>Thanks for your time,<BR>Thomas

Archive
07-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Someone told me that if you delurk too quickly you can get the bends

Archive
07-31-2002, 07:50 AM
Posted By: <b>RobertS</b><p>There is a pre-1970s show in Albany, NY. I believe it is run by a man named Ed Keetz, who lists his number in the SCD listings as 518-377-0219.<BR><BR>I believe he also runs an all-inclusive show, as well, also in Albany -- so be sure to figure out which is which before traveling long distances!<BR><BR>I have never been to this one, but can attest to the White Plains shows. They all have some pre-war dealers (E&R Galleries, Empire State Sports Collectibles, etc.), but the East Coast National has more.<BR><BR>If you attend the Albany show, let us know how it is. I keep meaning to get up there but never do...

Archive
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Andy Baran</b><p>It was probably the East Coast National in White Plains. I think that this show happens twice a year at the County Center. It is a decent show, but the Ft Washington show outside of Philly is far better, and worth the ride compared to the White Plains show.

Archive
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Actually, I would help you out with information if I could, but I live on the West Coast

Archive
07-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Thomas</b><p><BR> I thought I couldn't go swimming for two hours after delurking? I'll never understand these urban legends concerning delurking.<BR> Thanks for the responses about some of these shows. I'll have to check some of them out when time and money are available at the same time! Did I also read correctly(here on the board I think) that THE NATIONAL will be in Atlantic City next year? Having never been to a NATIONAL, is it safe to say that this is THE SHOW to go to?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Thomas

Archive
08-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>I have been to all of these shows. <BR><BR>The Fort Washington Show was great for vintage material, the one time I attended that show several years ago. It actually had as much vintage material as a saw in the last Atlanta National.<BR><BR>The East Coast National also had a decent amount of vintage material each of the two trips I made to White Plains.<BR><BR>I have also attended the pre-1976 Albany Show several times. On my first trip, I found a rare Chief Meyers 1914 Pritchard Stamp, and a Roger Bresnahan Writing Tablet. However, on my secord trip, I was disappointed by the lack of real quality items, and the few 1900-1910 era items that were available.