PDA

View Full Version : 1930 CHRISTY MATHEWSON Whitman #5 Mint 9

Archive
07-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>This phony figgin auction is alreday up to $50.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1842929050" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1842929050</a><BR><BR>I jsut sent this jackass seller an e-mail asking him "So, why is this a private auction, and all your previous auctions were not?"<BR><BR>I hope EVERYONE on this board sends this seller a similar message. What a P.O.S. for pulling this crap!<BR><BR>-dan

Archive
07-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan matheson</b><p>OMFG. When you go to this auction, click on his other auctions. Look at how many of these P.O.S. hunks of toilet paper inside AAA Grading Slabs this P.O.S. is selling on eBay!!!! And, look at some of the bids! Holy crap...unbelievable!

Archive
07-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>But, i have found some really cool items there so far. For example, I did get my 1913 Matty Fan For a Fan there. And, it's a sweet item. Pretty darn scarce from what I know. And, one of my favorites in my collection so far. I don't have thousands of dollars laying around, tho, Brian, for the Mastro and Sotheby auctions, so I'm not a contender for the big auction houses. I'm an ex-cop who has gone into a start-up company. Not a lot of extra bills to throw at cards. I try when I can, but more often than not, I don't win out over the big bucks dudes. "eBay syndrome" exists in those big houses, too. People end up spending way more than an item is worth, not because it's worth that much, or because they planned on spending that much, but because they want to prove to the others that they are bigger, wealthier, and they can win. I can't play those odds on eBay often and win...I sure as hell can't pi** with the rich boys in the big houses. I don't even view the Matty items in the big houses anymore because it bums me out that I know I'll never get hold of that stuff. No point in wasting my time with it...

Archive
07-14-2002, 07:30 AM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>Mrs. Mathewson used to give items to a kid in the '50s - she offered him a full uniform worn by Matty, but the kid's dad wouldn't let him accept it. Ouch!<br><br>--------------------------------------------<BR> Disclaimer<BR>I apologize for any poor grammer, repetitions, or dangling participles that you may locate in the above post...it ain't about grammar nohows.

Archive
07-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>You are not likely to find real and quality offerings of Matty material on e-bay. You need to search for his fan collectors and big catalog auction houses!