PDA

View Full Version : Didn't take long to start capitalizing on Williams' death...

Archive
07-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1842006170" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1842006170</a><BR><BR>Oh well, we all knew it would start sooner or later...

Archive
07-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Williams was very stingy with his signature. My son was so hurt when he got his request returned with a STAMP, instead of a signature (that was 21 years ago). <BR>i believe the stamping was so ubiquitous (everywhere), that some people were saying a stamp was a Williams signature, and should be valued as such. Somehow, i doubt it.

Archive
07-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Dr.Richard Koos</b><p>..the pants. I've seen old auction catalogs and estimates of values on high profile HOF player's game jerseys/flannels. Ruth, Gehrig..$250K to $350K estimates, DiMaggio..$100K++, etc. Can anyone tell me how value is determined on the pants when all the emphasis seems to be on the Jerseys which usually change hands without the pants. What would Ruth game used pants be worth for instance? Is the value determined by the approx. value of the Jersey? Is the percentage constant? Curious.

Archive
07-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>I confess - I also just listed a Williams item. I don't see that there is anything wrong with that. Also, though Williams was one of my favorite players, I wasn't too crazy about the guy - if you ever visited his web-site and looked at the prices he charged for signatures and all the rules he had, you might agree with me. Oh, great - am I about to get slapped around again?<br><br>--------------------------------------------<BR> Disclaimer<BR>I apologize for the previous disclaimer, but that is in no way an admission of guilt or intention to pay reparations for mental damages that may have been suffered while reading my disclaimers.

Archive
07-09-2002, 10:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Harry</b><p>some card companies cut them up and put them on their "uniform" cards. Much cheaper than cutting up a jersey. I would guess that they are more valuable to these card companies than anyone else since their alternative is to cut up a much more expensiver jersey.<BR><BR>For example, a real Williams jersey would bring $75,000 or so. It will be interesting to see what % the pants bring.