PDA

View Full Version : T206

Archive
07-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Posted By: <b>jason</b><p>Looking through the T206 Monster book by Bill Heitman. He states that the Piedmont and Sweet Caporal backs are the most commonly found backs. Followed by Polar Bear, Old Mill, and Sovereign as the next most common backs. Does everybody agree with this? The reason I ask is that I have been searching for the last five or so years for a Deacon Phillippe card with Old Mill and Sovereign and have had zero luck. Every other back that Phillippe can be on I have except this two. Any thoughts on why they cannot be found or are these two backs really harder to find then he states?

Archive
07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>compared to sweet caporal or piedmonts,old mill and polar bear backs are much harder to find.Considering approx. 1 out of every 2 t206 you find will have a piedmont back,and 1 out of every 4 has a sweet caporal back that means the other 14 brands/plus blank backs share the other 25% of the cards.Granted,drums,uzit,ty cobb and blank backs make up less than 1% combined,still less than 1/4 of the cards share the 10 other backs so finding all front/back combos of a certain player might be a hard task.<BR> Sovereign backs probably appear on 1 out of every 25 t206's,probably just ahead of(as far as how common they are) american beauty,cycle,and EPDG's<BR> You might want to post it under the buy/sell thread that youre looking for it.Both Phillippe cards i have are piedmont backs,including one that has parts of 2 back ads on it.<BR><BR>fine print: all numbers above are just estimates,while it was researched by me and others(mostly others), i havent counted every t206 and neither have you so dont nitpick.I actually for once thought out something before i posted it