PDA

View Full Version : VICTORY!!!!

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>For those of you who didn't know, I planned to auction a few mystery cards tonight that would have ended at approximately 00:32:04 this Sunday night, all under the new RSR grading company label. Imagine my dismay, after downing a bottle of cheap Californian Burgundy (like a "jumbo shrimp"), and sitting down with my photocopies, x-acto knife, cheap screw-downs, and crayons, to find that "historictreasures" had shut down all their auctions that were due to end this Sunday evening...at approximately 00:32:04 this Sunday night. Perhaps I screwed up by posting my intentions on the Collectors Universe board, but the end result was exactly what I was looking for.<BR><BR>I am a happy camper, but RSR is still ready to open shop at a moment's notice.<BR><BR>And, historictreasures, you absolute losers, I own almost all the Spalding and Reach Guides that you cut up to create your cards, so don't even think about it.

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>I had planned to coincide the ending of my auctions with the ending of three historictreasures auctions: 1911 Reach Johson, Ford and Walsh. All three were pictures cut from the same page of a 1911 Reach Guide. My cards were going to be combos of half of each body - weird, but I had a demented point to make. When I go to ebay and search for these cards, they show up as "Invalid item - no longer available". Why aren't they showing up as ended auctions? If they are invalid, that usually means that the seller is no longer a registered ebay user, but that isn't the case. Any thoughts?

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>If you click on their profile page it says they arent a registered user anymore

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Histictreases is no longer a registered user. However, Libertyforall still is and a tons of AAA items up for auction

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>by profile page i meant feedback page

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>I beat you too that post,must have been because of the time zone differences beetween seattle and nj

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Scott, an effective method to discourage bidders, is to publish and put up on eBay, the "AAA and NASA Price Guide'. Obviously the description would cleary indicate the items true worth ($0). Any potential bidder would click on the ebay link to see what their potential winnings are valued at and, one would hope, wise up.

Archive
07-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>I already had something planned for libertyforall, but really wanted to do my historictreasures head-to-head posts tonight...drats.<BR><BR>I'm not sure if the two are the same - libertyforall seems much more verbose and nonsensical, but has never responded to any of my emails, while historictreasures couldn't resist and called me "ignorant"...ouch...