PDA

View Full Version : does this annoy you too?

Archive
06-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>I hate antique dealers that write the price of stuff in pencil on the back or inside cover of an item. Nothing like running the value of item by defacing it. <BR><BR>I bring this up because I asked for back scans on some cards. I sent an email back asking if he wrote the price on the back since he seemed to deal in a lot of different vintage/antique items, and he said yes. I told what I thought of the practive, but have yet to hear back from him.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
06-30-2002, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>My least favorite practice is the price penciled-in on the first page of a book. I frequently give rare books as gifts, and most book dealers press hard enough when writing with pencil that the price can't simply be erased. The result, if the price must be removed, is often worse than the price being there in the first place (having to lift a bit of paper off to excise the price, for instance).<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Archive
07-01-2002, 10:36 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>easy solution for that, get a good architects eraser. They are a bit expensive but will not damage the paper.<BR><BR>Jay