PDA

View Full Version : This wil probably BORE everyone to death, but

Archive
06-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I'm 2/3 of the way through buying 3 cards which I'm going to leaVE IN THEIR sgc HOLDERS. tHEY'RE THE CHESS PLAYERS OF THE n162 SET. More formal environment seems more appropriate, and they really are pretty. Steinitz (probably greatest player of all time), Zukertort (greatesdt player of old school--"Damn the torpedos and full speed ahead!" and Mackenzie (American champion for a while...his games are frequently used as those of the losing player in game print-outs in books).<BR><BR>Sometimes I carry them around in my pocket.<BR><BR>Anyone know what I should have paid for them?

Archive
06-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>hard to say, but prolly not more than a common. Usually only the baseball players, boxers and billard players command a serious premium.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
06-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>Julie,<BR><BR>That's great. If you "overpaid," rest assured you are getting more enjoyment out of the cards that anybody else would have.<BR><BR>I chime in because I've been known to carry chess player cards around with me, too. Several years ago I "unearthed" most of a set of the 1926 Spalding Champions, and subsequently traded away most of them for the beginning of my T206 set. <BR><BR>But I kept the chess player...<BR><BR>Jeff