PDA

View Full Version : Sportsfest.............

Archive
06-16-2002, 02:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>Well.......went to Sportsfest yesterday. If you like glitz and glitter......this is the show for you! If you like vintage stuff.......FORGET it! There were (at most) about 6-8 people that had anything older on their tables than 1950's. It was really a bust.<BR><BR>Krause is trying to push this show as being on par with the National, and, as such, continually dish out the superlatives for Sportsfest while downgrading the National (see articles in SCD for last 2-3 years). I will be curious to see what their spin on this Sportsfest is. From the dealers I talked with, it was sparsely attended on Thursday and I was there most of the day Friday and it was sparse too. Hopefully today will be a little better.<BR><BR>Stay home............

Archive
06-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Posted By: <b>James</b><p>Show closed at 5 not 8 on Saturday.<BR>Does anyone know why BMW sportscards were not in that show? so as Chicago Sun Times show in March?

Archive
06-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I was there today and it was for the most part a bust. At least they put the vintage tables at the far end of the room away from the autograph seekers.<BR><BR>• Selection: Not much different from a Sun-Times show. <BR>• Crowd: Ha! Lots of elbow room, if you know what I mean. Pretty sad crowd actually.<BR><BR>It's bad enough they had this show in the same year, in the same town, 8 weeks before the National but who was the mental giant who decided to have a collector show in CHICAGO, on a sunny Saturday, when the Cubs were playing the White Sox!!!!! C'mon, think a little people. Dumb, dumb, dumb.<BR><BR>I hope SCD is happy with the PR they got from having Alan Rosen hype the T206 "find". I can't imagine too many dealers were happy. The show was suppose to be open until 8pm. Some dealers had already packed up their tables at 5pm when I left.

Archive
06-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Ooops. My mistake. <BR><BR>The SCD ad I have says the hours for Saturday wre suppose to be 10am-6pm.

Archive
06-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>and found NOTHING! Sportsfest this, Sportsfest that. <BR>(That was the one dated the 14th or the 19th of June, but still...)