PDA

View Full Version : Ebay web pages that go bump in the night

Archive
06-08-2002, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Anyone else have any problems with the web pages of dwmorris, ahcollectibles and others which set my computer "chattering" and almost lock me up when their web page starts trying to load? At first I just thought it was the size of the scans (and maybe that is part of the problem) but I have to say a silent prayer that their pages will disappear before I get knocked off line completely. What gives? Anyone else have that problem? I won a proof card at a minimum bid the other day and I am sure that no one else was able (or willing) to spend the time for the loading of the page which almost caused a power outtage in this area of the country. Again, you'd think sellers would learn...

Archive
06-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Haven't had that problem. I have DSL, so it loads pretty quickly. Only ones I REALLY hate are the ads for folks who feel the need to add music to their auctions.....like it really ENHANCES the experience. <BR><BR>I finally came to terms with DWMorris on an item......a N284 Buchner Ward for 500+ bucks. I'd never hit the reserves on his items before and we could never come to terms on anything so I was apprehensive about this one. But I did get it last week and it's a beaut. <BR><BR>About other pages that go bump in the night......this site ===&gt; Network54 seems to go bump in the night quite frequently for me. Don't know if anyone else experiences that or not.

Archive
06-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>but several people have complained about my web page loading slowly.