PDA

View Full Version : Smolin Auction

Archive
05-22-2002, 07:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller&nbsp; </b><p>I just got my Smolin auction catalog yesterday and I was really impressed by the material in there. There is a great Jackson rookie, some really neat Old Judge and lots of other great stuff. Best of all, it looks like the descriptions are accurate and the grading is appropriate (quite a change from some recent auctions).What do you all think?

Archive
05-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Haven't received a catalog yet. <BR><BR>I'm waiting for him to update his web site. The last I looked he still had the results from his last auction posted. I would have thought with only a few weeks he would have them up there.<BR><BR>I wonder if he stopped using the web site since he had some trouble last auction.<BR><BR>

Archive
05-22-2002, 07:51 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>is this auction online at all?

Archive
05-22-2002, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Kenny Cole</b><p>As I understand it, the auction will not be online. Jerry is going to keep it as a telephone auction until he gets the problem with his web site worked out.

Archive
05-22-2002, 08:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Jaime Leiderman</b><p>Don't think so...<BR><BR>There's a phone number on the website for more info.

Archive
05-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>The team of Jerry and Barry Sloate has been reunited. Barry is taking bids via telephone for the auction. I talked to him this morning and things appear to be going strong.

Archive
05-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Posted By: <b>James</b><p>I, too, was/am impressed by the material in this auction. A truly impressive group of Old Judge cards, E cards, even E103's!! Also - some Old Gypsy items, the Joe Jackson rookie - great old Cabinet pieces. Very impressive. Many graded pieces.

Archive
05-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>although they were by email and receipt has not yet been confirmed. Hmmmm, maybe if the web site is not clicking the emails from the web site aren't either. Maybe I better phone them in.<BR>Last auction was a disaster with the server etc. but I picked up a nice T207 Lowdermilk so I was happy with the net results.

Archive
05-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p><a href="http://www.abouttimeauctions.com" target=_new>http://www.abouttimeauctions.com</a><BR><BR>e-mail :<BR><BR>abouttime@attbi.com<BR><BR>no updated info or lot descriptions on line at present.<BR><BR>Wish I saved the three E-97 sets I purchased from him over the past ten years.

Archive
05-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>So Smolin and Sloate are back together--they certainly put out a nicer brochure together than separately! Also, more interesting items. <BR><BR>There's plenty of time to order one- Auction doesn't end till--whoops! June 6. Not so long after all.