PDA

View Full Version : Just started Collecting T206

Archive
05-04-2002, 07:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob</b><p>Hello all This is my first post. I would just like to let everyone know I just started collecting The 1909-11 T206 Cards after finding 5 cards My great grandfather gave to me when he passed away. Since then i have picked up 30 cards. I am looking for any real good web sites on these beautiful cards......any help? Also I enjoy chatting with people with the same interests as i have so if anyone would likre to chat about there collection or just the cards you can E-mail me or instant messange me on Aol woth the Screen anme Celenox.<BR>Thank YOu<BR>Rob

Archive
05-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Posted By: <b>scott</b><p>The t206 museum website is probably your best bet, but there are several others listed that are interesting.<BR><BR>www.homestead.com/runscott

Archive
05-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>Thanx Scott...I will check out the website....thank you very much<BR>ROB

Archive
05-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Brueso</b><p>...including the Library of Congress site which also has a beautiful bunch of cards (although right now I don't know if they have T206s).<BR><BR>Also, folks here on the site directed me towards the book "Classic Baseball Cards: The Golden Years 1886-1956" by Frank Slocum which depicts the complete runs of the majority of the early sets (although no OBAKs)- I picked up a copy for $50 at half.com and it's well worth the $$ (out of print- originally sold for $79.99- check half.com and similar sites and you might find another copy).<BR><BR>Folks have been talking about another T206 book coming out soon?