PDA

View Full Version : the new "Most abused vintage card" award goes to...

Archive
04-25-2002, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>(not including those that Leon has sniffed or MW has slept with)<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822434894" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822434894</a><BR><BR>

Archive
04-25-2002, 06:20 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>A little tape and some " paper work" and this card will be in a pro holder as a 5. 40.00 isn't a bad investment on an item which will bring 2000.00 repaired. Leon's ability to smell the new paper will keep us all from being fooled. later brian

Archive
04-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>it'll be right at home with some of my mayos and old judges. (I have a couple of the rare "trimmed from the neck down" variations.) <BR><BR>Now, in the right seller's hands, this card is a former PSA8! In fact, I seem to recall that before I moved, this card was in a PSA holder, but I lost the information, and then one night I was on acid and hacked it out of the holder, but it's guaranteed authentic and NM-MT! <BR><BR>Jeff

Archive
04-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>At 48 bucks for this Ruth, that only works out to about $60 for the whole card, right?<BR><BR>

Archive
04-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>of the card, if I were a dealer, would be:" Nice card in fr condition that appears much better. Slightly rounded corners, a few faint, heavy creases, and a great bargain. These kind of cards don't come around often. Get this one and be the king on your block !" <BR><BR>or something to that effect.....regards all....(even I wouldn't sniff that one....even Texans have our limits....unles "ya wash it down with some a' that there Pearl beer)

Archive
04-26-2002, 12:12 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>don't mean it would be described as "Except for a nasty tear through the middle and big chunks of the card missing, this would easily get a PSA 8." or maybe a NASA 10, lol<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>He paid me $20 for a two-piece Scrapps Getzien, which I had very neatly mended (it was on a scrap book page when i won it, and when I tried to float it off, it floated off in two pieces).