PDA

View Full Version : T201 sizing

Archive
04-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>Thought I would enlist the help of the board on a question about the T201 set. What is the normal size of a fully opened card? The ones I have owned (I had complete set) have all been around 2-1/8" x 4-11/16". However, I have five sources of reference for this set, and three different answers, all varying from what I measured. Two of the older (but useful) guides are just plain way off base (both the Sports Collectors Bible and the American Premium Guide to Baseball Cards list the cards at 2" x 4"), Lew Lipset's The Enclopedia of Baseball Cards has it down as 2-1/8" x 4-1/4", and both the Beckett Almanac of Baseball Cards (vol.4) and the Sports Collectors Digest Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards (1998 edition, the latest one I have) give the size as 2-1/4" x 4-11/16"<BR> <BR>I really didn't notice much variance in my cards--does 2-1/8" x 4-11/16" correspond with what any of you have?<BR><BR>If so, why has this issue been so mis-labeled? Is it just a matter of lazy editing?<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
04-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>Just in case some T201 guru with all the answers missed my original posting, I brought it back from the dead-- is 2-1/8" x 4-11/16" sound like the typical size for a fully open T201 card? Thanks for any input on this.<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
04-15-2002, 02:25 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Saw it originally, but I when I was buying 201s like mad, no one bothered to trim them, ecept maybe to get rid of that 'V' shape you find a lot. Never measured to see what the actual measurements were.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>Hey Brian<BR> Send me your email address and I will measure my set in send you the info. I probably won't get around to it until tommorrow night. be well brian

Archive
04-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>Hey Brian<BR> I measured the entire set, and 90% of the cards are 21/8 by 4 11/16. I have a few that are a little larger , but not one that is shorter. My entire set was graded by psa, and from the looks of the holder 21/4 wouldn't even fit. be well brian

Archive
04-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>Thanks Brian for doing all that ruler work--if the size listing in the SCD Standard Catalog hasn't been changed since 1998, perhaps Mr. Lemke might consider this opportunity to make the change for upcoming issues--it definitely is encouraging about the amount of interest and input Bob has shown on this board.<BR><BR>Thanks again Brian,<BR><BR>Brian (there are certainly a lot of Brian's on this board)