PDA

View Full Version : Mastro lot #1243 The Trader Speaks

Archive
04-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>What a great collection. For you old time collectors<BR>out there, there is no way to express how Dan Dischley's 'The Trader Speaks' influenced me<BR>personally. The passion he had for the vintage <BR>card collecting hobby really had a direct impact<BR>on me, and soon I was collecting T206s. I probably<BR>bought a hundred or so cards from other collectors<BR>from this publication. I can remember the thrill of<BR>acquiring 3 Ty Cobbs (imagine buying cards through<BR>the mail with no scans!) I think they cost me $250<BR>at the time!!! One time I bought some horizontal T206<BR>poses from a Pastor, I always remember him because he<BR>sent me the cards AND returned most of the money I sent . The Trader Speaks will remain the heart and soul<BR>of collecting to me, because it was honest, the items<BR>advertised affordable to most, and the magical inspiration it still gives me to pursue vintage cards.<BR><BR>Nostalgic times for sure, you could actually afford!!<BR>the rare items in the catalog, we seemed to do without<BR>PSA and SGC just fine, woudn't have been much point in slabbing anyways, most of the cards were real. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Archive
04-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>W.M.</b><p>I could not agree with you more. Great Post!!

Archive
04-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Obermeyer</b><p>If anyone on the board won this lot, please let me know. I need photocopies of issues 1-4 to complete my run - if anyone has these issues and can make copies, please email!<BR><BR>Jeff