PDA

View Full Version : Amazing find. 1952 Topps partial box

Archive
03-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Posted By: <b>James&nbsp; </b><p>Talking about opening wax packs when we were young. There's an amazing find on ebay. Honestly, this is the first time I have seen a 1952 Topps box.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1812595098" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1812595098</a>

Archive
03-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Nice find. I do find it funny that in his add he says, "...don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind item". hehe<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>The Truth Is Out There

Archive
03-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p>&lt;&lt; There's an amazing find on ebay. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Amazingly enough, like Mark Murphy (bbckid), he refers to the woman as an "old lady". <BR><BR>On a side-note - I heard that Mark Murphy paid $800 per pack and quickly sold them for $2000 per, making well over $90k in the process from this "old lady".

Archive
04-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I've wondered how all these Rack Packs from the late 50s have survived (they show up on E-bay from a seller from Old Voorhees, NJ)? It's hard to believe there were enough canny dealers or kids in the late 50s who knew that someday the packs might be more valuable if they weren't broken up (it would be an exemplary kid who could resist the temptation to break the cello wrap to pull out a Mantle or similar star card on Christmas morning!) They're not nearly in my price range, but they're great to look at.

Archive
04-12-2002, 09:48 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Several years ago I bought a collection of absolutely pristine 1970 basketball-football-hockey cards from a co-worker's brother. He showed up at my home with the cards in their original Topps boxes and explained that he bought the boxes in 1970, opened the cards and rapidly forgot about them. His mother never bothered to clear out his old stuff and when she died, he found them again. Odd as it may seem to us fanatics, some kids just did not care about cards at all. Some of these "finds" of unopened or barely opened materials can be traced to these kids.