PDA

View Full Version : Feeding frenzy last night

Archive
04-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Tbob</b><p>The T213 cards were really subject to a feeding frenzy early which suprisingly backed off late. I was getting killed by snipers early on HOF cards in particular, but it was amazing that once the first half of the alphabet went by (the dealer started with Ames and ended with Zimmerman), the deals were there. I picked up a really nice Jennings and a very decent Tinker for less than I paid for one Bresnahan, all in comparable condition. I was surprised so many collectors were hammering away at each other on the Coupon cards, I didn't know they were that collected. Another thing which amazed me was the fact that certain common cards went wild and it had no correlation to condition. I am not aware of any guide which has the expertise to value the different team variations of cards or their relative scarcity (am I missing something here?)but when a Quinn variation goes through the roof, I have to go hmmmmmmmmmm

Archive
04-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p>&lt;&lt; I was surprised so many collectors were hammering away at each other on the Coupon cards, I didn't know they were that collected. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Was this the Lipset lot broken up?

Archive
04-03-2002, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>I am not sure where they came from originally but were being offered by Sims Classic Sports. I have had very good luck with this outfit in the past on 50's cards so I took the plunge but only managed to snare about 5 or 6 HOFers and 6 or 7 variation cards. What was truly amazing was that this offering included almost every single known T213-2 variation. I have not seen a master set in a long, long time.