PDA

View Full Version : T206 Southern Leaguers cut short?

Archive
03-27-2002, 07:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>Can those among you who have handled quantities of T206 Old Mill Southern Leaguers tell me whether you have encountered cards which seem to be cut short, particularly top borders, top-to-bottom? I'm looking at a handful from among a purportedly untouched vintage accumulation of T206s. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Archive
03-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>BRIAN</b><p>Dear Bob<BR> I've handled alot of southern leaguers over the last 20 years, but didn't pay alot of attention to the borders until the grading services forced us to in the mid 90's. I do have about 35 right now, and quite a few have thin tops with larger bottom borders. 4-5 of these were purchased in the mid 80's from a widow who's husband had collected them, 3 of the 4 have larger bottom borders. While 5 of the 44 cards I purchased were considered short by sgc, none were slers, in fact most of the slers I have are slightly oversized. I will be happy to send scans of anything that might help. be well brian

Archive
03-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Bob --<BR><BR>Yes, some of the T206 (Old Mill) Southern Leaguers are just a bit short top to bottom. This is not that unusual and does not necessarily indicate signs of trimming. If you like, I can post some examples.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>MW

Archive
03-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>These two responses, and a pair of direct e-mails indicate there is reason to believe original O.M. Southern Leaguers will sometimes be found cut short with narrow top borders. No need for the proffered scans, but I appreciate the help!