PDA

View Full Version : Any news about the T206 book yet?

Archive
03-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Wade&nbsp; </b><p>Any news on this book yet? Doug?

Archive
03-04-2002, 04:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>Wade,<BR><BR>I feel like the boy that cried wolf...a couple of times.<BR><BR>The book is done, I have selected the printer. The only thing left is the layout (that is my lame old story I have been using since the summer!) I could have had it done almost a year ago if I wanted to just lay it out on my own and print it. Unfortunately I am a perfectionist and figured since the issue is almot 100 years old; you could all wait another year to get it right. <BR><BR>The creative guy from our firm who lays out all our catalogs is doing the work. He is currently putting our April sports sale to rest and by mid April the May Americana sale will be completed. After that he has a window of opportunity. Assuming at least a few more delays looks like a release for the National in Chicago will be the worst case scenario.<BR><BR>Thanks for the interest.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Doug

Archive
03-04-2002, 04:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>Doug,<BR><BR>I don't know if you have this info in your book or not. But here are a few questions. Approximately how many T206 cards are there in existence? Do you have a clue how many were made originally?<BR><BR>This may be off the subject, but do you know the answers to both of these questions for Topps cards in the 1950's? Do you have any idea how many cards Topps made in any given year of the 1950's?<BR><BR>I am curious at how many were made and how many are still around, then compare the two different eras.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Cy

Archive
03-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>You should do it like me-- crappy and quick.