PDA

View Full Version : was it just me- about ebay

Archive
02-26-2002, 05:56 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>So I have not heard anything about the new ebay NON-Feature. Did I miss something or did they totally take away the "featured" auctions at the top of the pages? I would have thought that it was a pretty good revenue generator. Maybe I am doing something wrong and don't see them anymore? Like me sending jpeg's or something? Any thoughts... regards all...

Archive
02-26-2002, 06:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>thought I got some bad mushrooms or something.....also it looks like it's automatically sorting to the ending auctions first.........some html-jockey got a tag wrong or something.........

Archive
02-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Tom- noticed the same thing. I just readjusted my bookmarks for the new items. Personally I am glad I don't have to scroll through the same featured items each time but it does seem to be a loss of revenue for ebay, like they will really miss it!

Archive
02-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Trevor Hocking</b><p> I checked my home and work computers. I thought I had made a mistake as well, but no such luck. This has to be a mistake. Think of all the people that paid $19.95 for a featured item (including me) and now it's magicaly not there with no notice. I have e-mailed eBay. I should receive a response in about six months or so. Hay BMW, what about all that cash you put out for featured items? Have you found anything out? Anyways, if they do drop the featured option, I will miss it, just beacuse I believe that high dollar items should have there own place to shine, plus I like to watch the big stuff sell. If anyone finds anything out please post it!!!<BR>Trevor

Archive
02-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Trevor Hocking</b><p>This is what eBay has posted on there "The eBay General Announcements Board"<BR><BR>Date: 02/25/2002<BR>Time: 18:16:06 PST***Featured Items in Search & Listings***<BR><BR>As part of the recent addition of the "Buy It Now" tab, we changed the way Featured Items are displayed in Listings to match the way they are displayed in Search results.<BR><BR>Currently, when searching for items, Featured Items are displayed based on the sort order. In other words, if the items are sorted by "newly listed", the system will display the top 50 results under newly listed and any Featured Items among those 50 items will be displayed at the top of the page. The next 50 items will display on the next page, and any Featured Items among those 50 will be displayed at the top of the page, and so on.<BR><BR>Until this point, Listings results displayed all Featured Items at the top of the first page, regardless of the sort order and how many Featured Items there were. This often meant that the first page, or even multiple pages, of Listings consisted only of Featured Items, making it difficult to gain exposure for a single Featured Item.<BR><BR>With this change, all Listings and Search results will display the same way. <BR><BR>Regards, <BR>eBay

Archive
02-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Well, I don't like it. I will have to make a decision if I want to do a featured item that is not so "featured" anymore. I think it could be a waste of money if my item doesn't get the recognition it did before.....just my one cent worth.....best regards