PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auction Winners?

Archive
02-25-2002, 06:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Bid for the first time LIVE on the phone.....pretty interesting. Did win a lot of (5) W600's for my collection........

Archive
02-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I missed bidding in the Hunt auction. If anyone reading this board won any of the following lots in the Hunt auction that ended yesterday there are cards I would be intrested in buying from you:<BR><BR>Lot #621 - Lot of Boxing Caramel Cards<BR><BR>Lot #632 - E92 Croft's Cocoa Lot<BR><BR>Thanks, my e-mail is: petecld@earthlink.net

Archive
02-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I also liked the Matty and Wagner, but I didn't find them until after the bid dead-line. I bid on some caramels, including a few e95's, but lost.

Archive
02-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>congrats tom, i thought you may have gotten more of them, they brought REALLY strong prices, but worth every penny. <BR><BR>scott

Archive
02-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Wanted that hofer lot but at 5750, 6612 with kicker, it was just more than I wanted to deal with right now. Have 2 of the W600's up for auction on ebay right now. Dupes of ones in the lot in basically same condition. I added 3 to the collection. I needed about 3-4 out of each of the multi lot. The singles went STRONG STRONG STRONG. 4300 for Matty, 3600 for Wagner, 2000+ for Lajoie, and 4100 for Cy Young. That doesn't include the 15% kick either. I have all 4 but only my Lajoie and Wagner are in as good of shape. My Young and Matty have pretty strong condition problems. For 5K, I'd rather have two lots or 10 of the commons though than a single Matty. Guess I'll take quantity over NRMT quality (as long as my Matty is somewhat presentable.....). Did you get anything in the auction Scotty?

Archive
02-25-2002, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>got quite a few n29's, and went to town on N43's all but the baseball, should be close to a complete set now. bought most of the e107's, picked up the mayo football and boxing. watch for lots of this kinda of stuff on ebay in the future.<BR><BR>scott

Archive
02-25-2002, 02:26 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>scott, if an extra low grade e107, I would be interested in picking it up as a type card for my collection.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>James/jverri01</b><p>I won a ton of lots. I LOVE the Hunt auctions. They are always so efficient. Great scans, great catalogue, immediate posting of realized prices. Doesn't get THAT much better. I picked up the blank back Dockman Wagner, some lower grade E95's, bunch of T206's. I am always happy with these guys. I only wish others would follow their example...