PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge Question

Archive
02-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I just got a Gypsy Queen card (first one) of boxer Tug Wilson. It was advertised as ex-mt. The card has a backside corner crease and a little bit of corner chipping on the reverse but is really nice on the front (I'd say ex-mt but for the corner crease). What concerns me is that the card exhibits a pretty significant bow the "short" way (from left to right). I have no concerns about the genuineness of the card, but a great deal of concern about whether the card is rebacked. I am also "challenged" as to the best way to store the card because I would like to flatten out the bowing but I don't want to cause the picture to delaminate, crack or chip. Anyone have any ideas, or should I just send it back to the seller as overgraded?

Archive
02-25-2002, 03:56 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Many photographic tobacco cards, cartes de viste and other small mounted photographs from the 19th century have a natural, and sometimes extreme, blow as you describe. <BR><BR>I don't know how to store then. I've heard of some who have flatten them out between plastic slabs and have seen no ill effects, but I'm not sure that's a good thing to do or not.

Archive
02-25-2002, 04:00 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Naturally, I mean 'bow' instead of 'blow,'-- though blow may be applicable to your particular card