PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good one

Archive
02-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Check this listing out. Nice explaination to the card and then claims to know nothing about baseball cards. I guess I will just forget what you told me previously. hay it might be REAL!!!!!!!<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804047936" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804047936</a><BR><BR>Lee

Archive
02-18-2002, 11:51 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Lee --<BR><BR>I have to admit that at first, this one really had me stumped. Well, OK, I was more than stumped. I was completely dumbfounded. But then, thanks to bcornell's reminder earlier this evening, I simply put two and two together. The individual selling this card is that same one that bought the time machine that two college students sold on eBay some time ago. Come to think of it, there are quite a few people who have been using that time machine lately.

Archive
02-19-2002, 05:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>who find a bunch of cards in an old family heirloom, here described as "along with a few other old baseball card". However, the sellers, seeking to keep family history intact, always keep all the other cards to pass down the family lines. I wish I had a family like that!

Archive
02-19-2002, 05:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p><a href="http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/timemachine.html" target=_new>http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/timemachine.html</a><BR><BR>Personally, I'd go back to '78 and stock up on Dale Murphy rookie cards.

Archive
02-19-2002, 05:42 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...but I confess to sending her a note. Basically I told her I thought it was really cool that back in '34 Goudey would send $7,500 ball cards to people for free, just because they asked. She wrote back and it made me feel mean...she didn't get it. We need to all realize:<BR><BR>SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID

Archive
02-19-2002, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>in 1978 you should be stocking up on Mark Fydrich cards. So what if he had a down year, he's gonna come back next year and have that HOF career we all know he is going to have. And just for good measure you might want to go back to 1981 and load up on Joe Charbaneau cards and lots and lots of complete sets of Donruss and Fleer. It's thier first year and we all know those are going to so valueable you will be able to send your kids to college.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Bill, I can't believe that you didn't notify this board sooner of this time machine up for auction. I sure we could have got some furious bidding from board members.<BR><BR>It says it needs repairs, I think that's where Mike comes in. It looks like it traveled to old England and we might get a proper answer to our Engglish delimma. But, I don't know the guy in the suit so there is a possibilty they didn't actually go there.<BR><BR>Lee<BR><BR>

Archive
02-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>Lee-<BR><BR>Sorry, but there was only room for one in the time machine. I took a trip back to 1887 to hoard Old Judges... unfortunately, I kept buying packs that had actress cards.

Archive
02-19-2002, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>the 1983 Fleer Ron Kittle card......hit 50+ hr's at Edmonton the year before. Guaranteed soon-to-be hall of famer selling for the then unheard of sum (GASP) $3.00 each.

Archive
02-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>Here at SCD (and Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards)we get thjis question, usually the T206 Wagner with the back description of its rarity, etc., about once a week. I've never been able to figure out what to tell these people to convince them that this is a modern reprint. They never seem to understand why a genuine card wouldn't have its collector value printed on the back. Deep sigh!

Archive
02-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Original cards don't ordinarilly talk about themselves in the past tense