PDA

View Full Version : T205 Sizes

Archive
02-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Posted By: <b>kyle lentine</b><p>Does anyone know if T205's vary in size on a regular basis?? I am almost complete with a T205 set but have found a few of them shorter than what the book states them to be 2 5/8ths. I even found one or two of them over the 2 5/8th's. Is this common with these cards?<BR>Could the short ones be trimmed??<BR>Thanks

Archive
02-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Size variations aren't unusual. Sadly, because of greed, a large proportion of 'short' cards are trimmed. I have been out of the hobby way too long speak real knowledgable about all the trimming that gone on, so I will defer to those who know more<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>It is defintely not uncommon for there to be legitimate size variations with "T" or "E" cards of this era. same for "N" cards I'm sure. I have one E card that is almost 3" tall. <BR><BR>You have to look at each card seperately if you are looking for trimming. You can't assume if it doesn't measure full it is automatically trimmed.<BR><BR>Some signs to look for: opposite edges that aren't parallel, drastic changes in edge wear from edge to edge, sudden angles at corners, "bat ears", edges that have any type of curve to them.<BR><BR>Post scans of cards you are questioning. This board will have no problem offering their opinions.

Archive
02-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Posted By: <b>edhans</b><p>Size variations are WAY more common among N's and E's than T's. Any Tobacco card which does not measure up must be considered suspect.

Archive
02-17-2002, 07:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian K. Hodes</b><p>I do think that the cards vary a bit. I recall that T205 American Beauty cards are generally a bit small and I have some T205 Honest Long Cuts that are (appropriately) Long. The problem is if one sends short cards to the grading services -- I beleive that they are especially reluctant to grade cards that don't measure up.

Archive
02-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Posted By: <b>edhans</b><p>Of course T205 and T206 American Beauties are always short side to side as the package was smaller.