PDA

View Full Version : Grading question

Archive
02-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I have a question regarding grading. Let me start by saying I'm not a big fan of grading, but I'm considering submitting a recent aquisition. I picked up a 1926 Shotwell Candy Red Grange at an antique mall. I'm really not all that concerned with the grade (it would probably not grade much higher than the g/vg range). All I'd really be sending it in for would be to verify that it is authentic and to make it easier to sell should I want to do so some day. My question is which company to go with? I checked out SGC's website and looked at their population report. It seems the as though they never graded one before, so I emailed them. They said they'd need to look at it to see if it can be graded. Is this normal procedure? I don't have access to a PSA population report so I can't tell if they have any experience with these cards. <BR>Any input would be appreciated.

Archive
02-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>John --<BR><BR>My feeling is that SGC would have the most knowledge and would do the best job grading your card. Obviously, without seeing the card, there is no way that they could commit to encapsulating it -- this would be true for any grading service with the possible exception of NASA.

Archive
02-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...so I doubt NASA would grade it

Archive
02-12-2002, 06:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>PSA has never graded one either, according to their population report. I would <i>not</i> recommend being their guinea pig...

Archive
02-16-2002, 04:39 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I sent my card off to SGC yesterday. By the way, is there any trick to printing off that online submission form? With Internet Explorer the invoice number doesn't show up at all and with Netscape it drops the last 2 numbers (at least for me).