PDA

View Full Version : sticker shock

Archive
02-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I went to the big show in LA over the weekend. Not bad. I was stunned, though, at how much people were asking for 19th century stuff. Tik was there and he had great stuff but prices that left me breathless. I brought a pretty good bank roll and I could not afford anything he had. I'm talking well into the thousands on N-era and Old Judge HOFers that didn't strike me as all that nice. <BR><BR>I realize that cards have been going up a lot in the 19th century arena, but are these large appliance prices for real?

Archive
02-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>i noticed at the fort washington show in november that the Old Judge cards were all priced high and i ended up not buying any either because there were no good deals at all on them...... actual prices realized on ebay seem to be about the same as usual.....maybe thats why theres not too many old judges on ebay(besides obvious scarcity) that people dont want to sell them for what theyre going for and figure evetually somebody will pay their price

Archive
02-12-2002, 01:19 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I have not one bad thing to say about Terry Sr. or Jr. Both are very nice gentleman. With that being said I think you need to pull Jr. away from dad sometimes to get a good deal. I understand they not only sell high they also buy high.. I know for a fact they have had the same 2 Lone Jacks for sale for years (at least had them a month or two ago). I tried to wrangle a better price a few months ago when I called Sr...and I knew there was a Comisky and a common coming up for auction.....never could get better than 7k from him...his response to me was "those things aren't going down in cost".....in a very polite manner....I got my Comisky for a little under 5k.....but they still have stuff no one else does and if you want it ....... best regards all