PDA

View Full Version : Olld Judge 1889 Script Series

Archive
01-30-2002, 08:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller&nbsp; </b><p>In answer to Scotts question here is a list of the cards I know of in this series. I would define the series as being comprised of those cards, issued in 1889, which have no printed name plate at the bottom of the card. Instead, the players name, position, and team is written into the photo as was done on N173s (I'm sure they were just N173 photos which were reduced).<BR><BR>1. C. Brynan--Des Moines<BR>2. C. Crooks--Omaha<BR>3. Darnbrough--Denver (script name very light if present at all)<BR>4. Thos. Dolan--Denver<BR>5. Farmer--St. Paul<BR>6. Flanigan--Sioux City<BR>7. Hafner--Kansas City<BR>8. Hoffman--Denver<BR>9. Kennedy--Omaha<BR>10. W.F. Krieg--St. Joe<BR>11. McClellan--Denver<BR>12. Sutton--Milwaukee<BR>13. J. Werrick--St. Paul<BR><BR>Interestingly, I believe all the players were on Western League teams although I don't have the league listings in front of me so I could be off.

Archive
01-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Kevin has correctly pointed out to me that Bennett-Boston also fits into this set. This kills the Western League idea and moves the population from an unlucky 13 to a more lucky 14. Thanks Kevin!

Archive
01-30-2002, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>And a special thanks to John Billingsley for adding McQuaid-Denver to the list. Keep the cards and letters coming.