PDA

View Full Version : Different take on Fritsch

Archive
01-26-2002, 05:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Plastic Dog&nbsp; </b><p>I think with all of these criticisms flying about Larry Fritsch, it's important to distinguish the man from the company. My understanding is that Larry Fritsch doesn't really have much hands-on at the company anymore. I believe he has an alternate passion (toy trains) which consumes much of his time these days. Not to say that he shouldn't be held resonsible for the company bearing his name. But when you don't get service from Larry Fritsch Company, you really aren't dealing with Larry Fritsch. I believe that most experts in this hobby still consider Fritsch to possibly be the most knowledgable of all. And my understanding is that he's willing to share that knowledge with whomever may ask.

Archive
01-26-2002, 07:35 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I have no doubt as to his knowledge about the hobby, I've sat in on numerous talks with him involved, but that still doesn't mean you should forgive poor customer service/treatment or even cut him some slack on it. And passing off the blame to his current employees doesn't really fly either because they are going to treat people the same way they see everyone else in the company treating people, which goes right back to the way Larry deals with people as a customer.<BR><BR>Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
01-26-2002, 08:55 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Since you brought it up Tom, I have never personally spoken with, met, or dealt with Larry himself. I only commented on the people I dealt with (very nice), the cards I got (way overgraded), and his companies 5% phone fee. best regards

Archive
01-26-2002, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I agree totally with Leon and I'm sorry for not mentioning it before about Fritsch - the people I did talk to were very friendly and very easy to deal with. <BR><BR>As for overgrading - Please, I've been collecting for 20 years and he is hardly the worst overgrader I've run into (Festberg gets that prize) and certainly won't be the last. I see no reason to single him out in my overgrading sellers file. I know this and consider this when ordering. Truth is, he has cards available you can't get anywhere else.<BR><BR>My only problem is the extra fees and the fact he won't ship UPS to where I work. "It has to be the address on the credit card." Yadda, yadda, yadda. Just means an extra trip to the UPS terminal for me.

Archive
01-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Plastic Dog</b><p>My only point is that I don't believe he is the one who actually manages the employees. I think he now leaves the operation and management of the company to others. I'm not trying to dissolve him of blame - the company still bears his name, after all. But I don't think he even goes to the company. . .