PDA

View Full Version : Teletrade experience...E90-1 Ty Cobb

Archive
01-16-2002, 05:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>Tim -- Did Teletrade hold onto your money over the last few months? If so, that seems a little wrong on a high dollar card. Couldn't Teletrade have spent an extra $5- to get guaranteed turnaround of two weeks or so instead of a few months?

Archive
01-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Tim Sedlock</b><p>A couple months back I posted on here regarding a card purchase from Teletrade which I thought may have been trimmed and was not identified in the description. Teletrade offered to send the card away for grading. They sent it away to PSA which explains why it took so long to find out. The card did come back as being trimmed (unfortunately for me) but I was reimbursed the money for the card and buyers fees. Thought everyone would like to know.<BR><BR>Tim

Archive
01-16-2002, 11:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Tim Sedlock</b><p>Yes, they did hold onto my money for that period of time. Not thrilled about it as I thought the verdict would be back sooner, but anyone who has sent to PSA recently has found out that time guarantees do not mean anything! <BR><BR>Communication with Teletrade was a little poor as well. I had to keep calling or e-mailing to find out the status and actually just assumed the card was trimmed because all they did was put the money back on my credit card.<BR><BR>Had things been the opposite they probably would have been more than happy to notify me.<BR><BR>Tim

Archive
01-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Plastic Dog</b><p>I don't know where Teletrade's heading, but I don't think I like what I've read. They started as selling consigned items way back when, then they hired somebody to gain some credibility as a seller of top-quality items, but apparently that individual was let go at the beginning of the year. I guess they must be going back to selling consigned items. If you had a great vintage set, would you consign it to Teletrade or Mastro? Me too.