PDA

View Full Version : t206 cigarette coupons - Old Mill, Sweet Cap, etc....

Archive
12-20-2001, 02:54 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I am looking for these for t206 card displays, but have no idea what to offer - any ideas? Thanks!!

Archive
12-20-2001, 03:40 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>most are fairly common, as they were designed to be saved, many small groups were saved but never redeemed, kind of like wrappers from the 30's. the one's with a redemption value are common, while the ones without a value are rare, as there was no need to keep them. best way to find real value is to do a search on ebay and search completed items, this will tell you what they really go for. while i am not certain i would venture to say the more common brands, piedmont & sweet caporal will be the cheapest, with the rare drum & broadleaf being the most expensive(not sure if i have even seen these). seems like polar bear coupons are fairly common as i have seen several of those. just my thoughts.<BR><BR>scott

Archive
12-21-2001, 04:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>I've bought quite a few off of ebay over last couple years. Have about 15 or so now. Just like Scottie said......tougher ones command a premium. The older ones from 1800's are sweet too. Be prepared to pay $50-$60 for A&G or Old Judge and anywhere from $3 to $15 for most of the T206 era ones. Nice tangent to collecting the cards and relatively affordable. Good luck.......haven't seen many Old Judge on there lately though. I search daily for OJ stuff.<BR>

Archive
12-21-2001, 08:35 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>My coupon supplier also has a flattened, flap-deficient Old Judge pack for $140. Seemed pricey to me - I'll send you a scan when I get it.

Archive
12-21-2001, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>Scott.....only OJ coupon I have is orange on front and light brown on back. I've seen others. I'd be interested in one/some. Could probably trade the extra Sporting Life 1909 Schedule if it works out.

Archive
12-21-2001, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I just sent you an email - I've just been asked to make a final offer on an item that's more in your area of expertise, and I don't know what to tell the guy.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Scott