PDA

View Full Version : wow

Archive
12-03-2001, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>so the #1 lot in the Sloate went for 91k after juice (no mis-type..91k)......that deserves a WOW........wish I would have bought that card before the consignor......I have no idea who won it so please don't ask.....just thought it was worth mentioning on this slow sales day.......and ya'll go bid on the Oxford I have on ebay.......there will be more soon.......best regards all..

Archive
12-03-2001, 01:03 PM
Posted By: <b>HalleyGator</b><p>Leon: I never checked the auction materials ... so fill us in on what the item was!!

Archive
12-03-2001, 01:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>.....previously unknown Gypsy Queen card of a Pacific Coast League player. Totally different typesetting than any known 19th century Gypsy Queen card. Basically a one of a kind......still a pretty strong amount........okay, fess up.......who bought it? Jay? Olbermann?

Archive
12-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Jaime Leiderman</b><p>What about lot #2?<BR>The Troy CDV's?

Archive
12-03-2001, 05:35 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I wonder what the history of these cards is? - the auction sheet says it was found within the last year. Hopefully the buyer won't break it up and the set will still be around in ten or so years when I can afford to bid!

Archive
12-03-2001, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Jaime Leiderman</b><p>I think there's an article on one of the August 2001 issues of SCD, don't remember which one.

Archive
12-04-2001, 02:28 PM
Posted By: <b>barry sloate</b><p>Hi Leon,<BR> Actually, the card went for $80,273 with the juice- I think you may have double-juiced to get 91K,but the actual price is juicy enough. I know you are a major type collector- I'm disappointed that you didn't even check in to ask about it. Well, hopefully next time.<BR> Sincerely,<BR>Barry Sloate

Archive
12-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey Barry,<BR>I do collect type cards a little. I knew my good friend Jay was interested (which would not have necessarily stopped me-sorry Jay)..but ALSO did not have enough funds to play in that lot. Since I do not collect CDV's per say (yet) there was really not much else that I needed. Small vintage world and I am sure we will cross paths in the near future. I heard the auction was a great success and I am sure it was because it was run with integrity and professionalism. I look forward to your next one. ......best regards..