PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if this listing is misleading

Archive
10-29-2001, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Please look at item #1021426682 on ebay. This seller has been listing these pins for sale individually, with the Ruth going for $250. His description is true except for the fact that you can buy the set from the Baseball HOF for $35. He seems to leave the fact out that was issued in 2000 or 2001. I emailed him as to why he failed to mention this and he told me,"The pin ais listed as a COMMERATIVE of the 1939 opening of the HOF", "also that it is a LIMITED EDITION of 500 should be a dead give-away to someone as astute as myself." <BR>I sent him a follow-upto ask him to add the issue date with no response.<BR> Please let me know your feelings on a listing such as this. To me it is almost like putting up a reprint card without the notification of reprint.

Archive
10-30-2001, 05:38 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>It looks a little misleading but not totally. When he says "This is an INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL, VINTAGE style ornate BRASS-tone PIN honoring" I take the word "style" to mean it is not the real thing. Just like any hawker hawking his wares. Have you ever heard of "leather-like" or "just like a real diamond" or "antique style"......a little misleading but not fraudulent.....best regards

Archive
10-30-2001, 02:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Leon, I guess the guy is a good salesman and nows how to use words, you were only able to find one in about 200 that implied these were not a recent issue.<BR><BR>Thanks for your response, Leon, I would like to hear more responses.