PDA

View Full Version : 1909 E90-1 American Carmel #24 Ty Cobb

Archive
10-23-2001, 01:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Sedlock</b><p><a href="http://www.teletrade.com/cards/lot.asp?auction=1266&lot=1002" target=_new>http://www.teletrade.com/cards/lot.asp?auction=1266&lot=1002</a><BR><BR>I recently won this card on a teletrade auction and received it in the mail today. I was upset immediately when I opened up the package as it appears that the card was trimmed. It is 1/16" short on both the length and width. If you look on the scan from the above website you notice that it appears that the top of the card is uneven...perhaps I should have paid more attention to this before I bid???<BR><BR>The teletrade auction did not list that this card was trimmed at all. Should I be upset by this card? It is beautiful, but I did pay $950 for a card that I felt was unaltered. <BR><BR>Any suggestions here? I am thinking about returning it.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Tim

Archive
10-23-2001, 02:36 PM
Posted By: <b>mike mullins</b><p>Hi Tim,<BR><BR>the card DOES look a little short in the pic, but I'm not I would have noticed while bidding. Since they did not mention that the card was short (did they?), and you are unsatisfied with it, I think you are entitled to ask for a refund. Whether or not you will get it or not is another matter, I have no idea what all the legalities of auctions are, but a good honest seller ought to have a "satisfaction guaranteed" option, regardless of whether or not he/she thought/knew the card was short/trimmed. Just my opinion though. good luck<BR><BR>mike

Archive
10-23-2001, 11:03 PM
Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p>&lt;&lt; Any suggestions here? I am thinking about returning it. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I would do the same thing.

Archive
10-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Tim Sedlock</b><p>I spoke with a representative of Teletrade this morning and they would like for me to send the card back to them and they will submit it to be professionally graded. If it grades well then I will keep the card, if not, they said they would refund my money. <BR><BR>I will let everyone know!<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Tim