PDA

View Full Version : 2024 New Acquisitions Thread

bigfanNY
02-03-2024, 08:34 PM
Start this new year off with First Game of First BAA Championship April 1947. NBA records also claim this series as the First NBA title. Won by the Philadelphia Warriors over the Chicago Stags. Took a long time to put one of these in my collection. Would like to track down a 48/49 and a 49/50 Finals program if anyone has one they would part with I am sure it would be woorth their while to drop me a line.
Jonathan

Gorditadogg
02-05-2024, 04:52 PM
A centered one for Travis and a shiny one for Adam.

bigfanNY
03-23-2024, 02:27 PM
3 new Basketball photos arrived today. Two are of James Naismith and the third is A team issue of Bill Walton.

searching
04-17-2024, 01:27 AM
This amazing athlete from the 1950 onwards , and some words from the internet about her career, Gibson won her first Wimbledon singles title in 1957, beating fellow American Darlene Hard in the final to become the tournament's first black champion, and she was presented with the trophy by Queen.Elizabeth II. Gibson was an all-around athlete. She played in the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) from 1964 to 1971. She was the first African American on the LPGA tour. Gibson was inducted into the Tennis Hall of Fame in 1971 and into the International Women's Sports Hall of Fame in 1980.

3 famous quotes from Althea
No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you. ...
In sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully. ...
Being champion is all well and good, but you can't eat a crown.