PDA

View Full Version : Emails from Rick Probstein

jayshum
01-22-2024, 01:27 PM
I may have bought 1 or 2 cards from Rick Probstein on eBay in the past but nothing in several years. About a week ago, I started receiving emails from him about his auctions. Prior to these, I had never received any from him so it seems like something new he is sending out. Is anyone else receiving these emails?

kkkkandp
01-22-2024, 02:01 PM
I am.

Over the past 20+ years I have won 7 of his ebay auctions (the most recent one in August of last year), so it's not like I'm his #1 customer. I've never had any issues with him and I always get my orders promptly, but then I'm only 20 miles away.

Fred
01-22-2024, 02:15 PM
I am.

Over the past 20+ years I have won 7 of his ebay auctions (the most recent one in August of last year), so it's not like I'm his #1 customer. I've never had any issues with him and I always get my orders promptly, but then I'm only 20 miles away.

My response is about the same as Kevin's, but I don't live 20 miles away from Rick and I do not try to play golf in temperatures I'd regard as "artic" conditions. :p

Snapolit1
01-22-2024, 02:42 PM
I get invites from ebay everytime Rick goes live now.

Rick seems to be husting big time to get those shiny cracked ice refractors sold.

Fred
01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
I get invites from ebay everytime Rick goes live now.

Rick seems to be husting big time to get those shiny cracked ice refractors sold.

Maybe he's on to something... sell, sell, sell...

Too bad it wasn't nice vintage that was being pedaled.

Lobo Aullando
01-22-2024, 08:06 PM
Not a lot of FCOJ.

https://i.postimg.cc/j291VT6n/DP826855.jpg

Maybe he's on to something... sell, sell, sell...

Too bad it wasn't nice vintage that was being pedaled.

babraham
01-22-2024, 08:55 PM
Not a lot of FCOJ.

The Duke's are trying to corner the market! ;)

kkkkandp
01-23-2024, 04:38 AM
...and I do not try to play golf in temperatures I'd regard as "artic" conditions... :p

Spoken like a dyed-in-the-wool Californian.

So, Fred, what would you consider "artic" [sic] conditions? Temperatures below 65 degrees? GIRLY MAN! :D

Kaneen
01-23-2024, 04:43 AM
I may have bought 1 or 2 cards from Rick Probstein on eBay in the past but nothing in several years. About a week ago, I started receiving emails from him about his auctions. Prior to these, I had never received any from him so it seems like something new he is sending out. Is anyone else receiving these emails?

Like you, I have purchased a very few cards sold by Probstein on eBay over the years...nothing recently. A couple of weeks ago out of the clear blue I started receiving 2 emails a day, every day, promoting Probstein's "high end" slabbed (mostly shiny modern) cards for sale on eBay. The emails also all include a video where Rick talks about issues like fake cards being stabbed by TPGs, etc.

I never signed up for any email subscription from Probstein, and I can only assume he was able to somehow glean my email address from eBay, or it was shared or sold to him by another hobby entity I have done business with. At this rate I am on track to receive at least 730 obnoxious emails from Rick Probstein this year. Yay me!

BillyCoxDodgers3B
01-23-2024, 04:47 AM
It takes less effort to mark those emails as spam and/or send an unsubscribe request than it does to continue to post about this here. Spam emails are annoying, but should be easily solved.

raulus
01-23-2024, 07:39 AM
It takes less effort to mark those emails as spam and/or send an unsubscribe request than it does to continue to post about this here. Spam emails are annoying, but should be easily solved.

Where’s the fun in that??!!!

bnorth
01-23-2024, 08:12 AM
Where’s the fun in that??!!!

LOL, +1

I don't believe I have ever bought from Rick. So luckily I don't get the emails.:)

Fred
01-23-2024, 08:21 PM

yeah, like the other guys are saying... where's the fun in that.

Kevin, yes, I'm a girly dude when it comes to cold weather. I guess the nice part about playing in the snow is that the beer stays cold without those can wraps.

Kaneen
01-24-2024, 04:57 AM

The OP asked, "Is anyone else receiving these emails?" I merely responded with my experience to let him know he was not the only one. My intent was not to "continue to post about this here," nor would I have ever started a thread about this issue myself.

I get multiple spam emails everyday that get past my spam filter. I take the time to "mark as spam" on every one of them, and it does absolutely nothing from what I can see...I still get the same emails from the same senders afterwards. Also, security experts advise never to click on the unsubscribe link in a spam email, as it only serves to confirm your email address to the spammers and scammers. (Likely not such a big concern in this case, as it appears these emails are indeed coming from Probstein, but who knows.)

Snapolit1
01-24-2024, 01:00 PM
It general griping wasn't permitted this board will be a very slow place. Like most Internet anything.

jamest206
01-26-2024, 05:13 PM
He does sell great-cheap Christmas presents for my 11 year old nephew. Got a really nice Aaron Judge Jersey piece in a card for like 10 bucks. Real- swapped out or not -nephew loves it

taul166
01-26-2024, 06:27 PM
I am getting the emails. Sometimes I spend some time looking at them; sometimes I don't take much time.

I have bought from and consigned with Rick quite a bit, but not in a while. Never had any significant problems. His operation is not as good as others in terms of notifying consignors when a consignment is received, when the items will be posted, but maybe that has changed.

icurnmedic
01-29-2024, 02:10 PM
I am getting the emails. Sometimes I spend some time looking at them; sometimes I don't take much time.

I have bought from and consigned with Rick quite a bit, but not in a while. Never had any significant problems. His operation is not as good as others in terms of notifying consignors when a consignment is received, when the items will be posted, but maybe that has changed.

I always get an email the day they are received and the day they are listed. Three separate listings in the last month. So maybe they are getting better? Anyways , no problems for me thus far, w/ overall breakeven returns across the board or slightly better.

JamesGallo
01-29-2024, 04:35 PM
I got notice that my package was received today. This is my first time working with him so giving it a try with mostly new stuff.

James G

clydepepper
01-29-2024, 04:57 PM
He blocked me from bidding years ago and never would give a reason...very irritating!

As I've stated many times...just not lately:

Probstein is DEAD to me.

I'm happy not being on his email list...

Aquarian Sports Cards
01-29-2024, 07:07 PM
It general griping wasn't permitted this board will be a very slow place. Like most Internet anything.

are you complaining about all the complaining??? :D

Snapolit1
01-29-2024, 08:56 PM
are you complaining about all the complaining??? :D

Only if you are complaining about complaining. If so, then I am complaining.