PDA

View Full Version : Help with authenticating Michael Jordan's Signature

juken1990
12-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Hi All,

I have a chance to purchase 2 cards that the seller state's as authentic signatures that were obtained by his father from Michael Jordan.

1.) https://imgur.com/Mmd9KQC
2.) https://imgur.com/qGJ7PT2

There is no COA and I was thinking about doing a Beckett quick opinion to see if it's worth pursuing.

Wanted to ask if anyone had any idea if there are any glaring issues.

1. What would something like this be worth graded?
2. How much would it be worth ungraded?
3. What grade would it even get?

I am all new to this so sorry for all the questions. Would like to own a piece of history.

Seven
12-11-2023, 10:39 AM
I am FAR from an expert on Jordan auto's but I would say, that someone will certainly chime in to offer their opinion on both cards. A couple of things I want to point out though:

For the sake of preservation and resale value, it's always worth it, to grade. Michael Jordan's auto is also one of the most forged Autos in the hobby. I do not think you'll need to pay for the quick opinion, as I am certain someone else will chime in.

Gorditadogg
12-11-2023, 05:40 PM
Wow. First post on this site, and you don't introduce yourself or put any personal information in your bio. I don't know why, but I feel I should tell you everything I know.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

WhatsNext
12-12-2023, 08:49 PM
1. Slabbed by Beckett or PSA, I could see $1500-2k for the pair, maybe higher.
2. Nothing, most buyers won't touch them.
3. Don't get them graded, they're not in amazing shape, just get them authenticated and slabbed. Don't send them to JSA and get stickers on the back, only go with slabbing.

All being said, I have absolutely no idea if they are authentic.

ronniehatesjazz
12-16-2023, 09:23 AM
Don't waste your time or money, both of these are 100% fake. Several glaring issues, but the most obvious is the J in both. Also, the flow and sizing of the signature are awful.