PDA

View Full Version : Another successful Net54 connection - thx Derek G!

Belfast1933
08-12-2023, 08:14 AM
I want to send a shout out if thanks to Derek Granger, a long time Net54 member who I have just recently had the pleasure of making a deal with - Derek and I completed a deal recently and I added my first-ever Sandy Koufax rookie to my Pc which is now proudly on display in my “Card Cave” - see below.

Thx again, Derek - looking forward to reconnecting again in the future - cheers to the “978” area code!

(Sorry for the sideways images… never could master how to fix that)

Jeff

Leon
08-12-2023, 11:00 AM
Great looking Sandy and others.

(got the photos rotated for ya')

BillyCoxDodgers3B
08-12-2023, 11:04 AM
This uber-strict grading of the last couple of years really leaves me scratching my head. The absolutely beautiful work of art you have presented above is apparently a "3". So, someone is trying to tell us that this piece is only 30% towards being perfect? Unless the back is truly hideous, that's ridiculous. What would this have been before the TPG standards were reinvented? A 5?

I haven't collected unsigned cards in over 30 years, but if I did, they would all be raw.

Either way, you can be proud to own that one. For my needs, I'd never want an upgrade on that beauty.

ClementeFanOh
08-12-2023, 12:31 PM
I enjoy reading posts like these, that's exactly how it should go. Trent King

PS- That's a nice Batcave, Jeff!!

rjackson44
08-12-2023, 01:12 PM
Terrific

t206fanatic
08-12-2023, 04:20 PM
This uber-strict grading of the last couple of years really leaves me scratching my head. The absolutely beautiful work of art you have presented above is apparently a "3". So, someone is trying to tell us that this piece is only 30% towards being perfect? Unless the back is truly hideous, that's ridiculous. What would this have been before the TPG standards were reinvented? A 5?

I haven't collected unsigned cards in over 30 years, but if I did, they would all be raw.

Either way, you can be proud to own that one. For my needs, I'd never want an upgrade on that beauty.

it is a beautiful card!

there appears to be a wrinkle / crease on Sandy's ear, I know the TPG's are very harsh on any bends.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
08-12-2023, 05:15 PM
it is a beautiful card!

there appears to be a wrinkle / crease on Sandy's ear, I know the TPG's are very harsh on any bends.

Aah, that would do it. Truthfully, I thought that looked like a scuff on the holder. If not, there's the easy explanation.

But, if you're looking at a card and are more focused on all of its attributes than the things going against it, that's the best sign of a great card, no matter what the grade. This one is just beautiful, and like all of us, I've certainly seen lots of the Sandy RC. The colors are so crisp, everything is crystal clear, and I just love the centering. Some centering purists may tell me I'm off, who knows? The only detrimental aspect may be that staining along the top. If it is indeed a crease or wrinkle as you say, that wouldn't attract my eye as much as the stain. Again, just a stellar card for the grade IMHO.

Jewish-collector
08-12-2023, 06:21 PM
Mazel Tov Jeff 584293584293584293

h2oya311
08-13-2023, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the shout-out, Jeff! I always appreciate working with other collectors who understand that this isn’t your typical “3”. This card is the definition of “collector grade”.

Hope to work with you again in the future!