PDA

View Full Version : So the only responsible thing would be to trash these, right?

bbcard1
07-22-2023, 12:05 PM
My former business partner owned a sports memorabilia shop in the late 80s, early 90s. He got hundreds of autographs and photoed the athlete signing... the autos were sold year ago, but his widow came across a box of these people signing...Williams, Yogi, Banks, Musial, etc. Should I just throw these away as there would be a danger of them being paired with fakes to unwitting collectors.

Exhibitman
07-22-2023, 12:10 PM
Nah, they're interesting and I'd sell them at auction. Shame to throw away something that a collector might enjoy just because a turd might try to use them to trick people.

ValKehl
07-22-2023, 12:17 PM
Todd, I'm not an autograph collector, but over the years, I've seen many photos of players signing autographs. I'm assuming the widow could use the $$ these photos would bring, so I'm in agreement with Adam W.'s suggestion that you sell them at auction.

JustinD
07-22-2023, 01:34 PM
I assume there is a always a market for anything so if you can get something you may as well.

As mentioned before, a photo of almost anyone signing can be had with a google search. I wouldn’t overthink it, go ahead.

doug.goodman
07-22-2023, 08:49 PM
I agree, definitely don't throw them away

todeen
07-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Think of all of the Babe Ruth signing pics that exist out there that members of our community seek. These photos you have definitely hold some value.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk