PDA

View Full Version : T206 Marquard Follow Through Red 8

Ct94122
07-01-2023, 12:36 PM
There is one currently for sale on eBay- I attempted to copy the link. This card has been discussed many times on this forum. Interesting that in the eBay narrative- the seller says that PSA no longer identifies this card as a variation.

Just curious if anyone is aware why PSA no longer will place the Red 8 on the flip.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125996087365?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=I0ZGMnkxTiq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8oYiQytBTyi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I really enjoy collecting and enjoy everything I learn through Net54.

Rhotchkiss
07-02-2023, 07:57 AM
I don’t know why PSA will no longer designates the red 8 on the flip.

I do find it interesting that this variation (and the Nodgrass and Murr’y) are not considered necessary variations to a complete t206 set, but the Magie and Doyle Nat’l are. Does anyone know when or what causes a “variation” to be recognized enough that it is considered part of a complete set? I suppose it happens organically as the hobby evolves

Pat R
07-02-2023, 08:42 AM
I don’t know why PSA will no longer designates the red 8 on the flip.

I do find it interesting that this variation (and the Nodgrass and Murr’y) are not considered necessary variations to a complete t206 set, but the Magie and Doyle Nat’l are. Does anyone know when or what causes a “variation” to be recognized enough that it is considered part of a complete set? I suppose it happens organically as the hobby evolves

The Doyle and Magie were printing changes the nodgrass, Murr'y etc... are just recurring print flaws.

With the Marquard PSA did something out of the norm, they won't grade a variation that isn't cataloged but they graded the first Marquard red 8 at one of the nationals because they were told it was going to be in the next SCD catalog but the next edition was never printed.

Rhotchkiss
07-02-2023, 09:18 AM
The Doyle and Magie were printing changes the nodgrass, Murr'y etc... are just recurring print flaws.

That makes sense.